Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Monday, what are you reading?

So it's Monday, again, and even though it was rainy and overcast this past weekend, I was so immersed in Enchanted by Alethea Kontis that I paid it no mind.  If you like fairy tales, which I do, this is a great addition to your shelf.  I find that not as many of my students enjoy fairy tale retellings but Enchanted is just the right length for middle grade students.  How many times do I tell a student the length doesn't matter?  Too many to count.  I'm keeping Enchanted as one of those that fit the "right length" category.  Looking forward to the next in this series.  For those of you who haven't read it yet, recommend it to those students who are fans of E.D. Baker or Alex Flinn's Cloaked/Beastly writings.  5 stars to this one from Brandon's Books!

I'm continuing to listen to Under The Never Sky by Rossi and even though I'd like to say it's perfect for middle level, it really crosses into YA too.  I'd recommend it for those older middle graders, 7th and 8th, who have surpassed the juvenile status in maturity and reading habits.  Those students who liked Matched would probably really enjoy this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment