Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's Monday, what are you reading?

I'm currently working on 3 different books, well maybe 4, by the time this post is published.  I'm listening to Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson and Winter White (Belles #2) by Jen Calonita.  I'm reading Code (Virals #3) by Kathy Reichs.  After meeting with the SC Junior Book Award committee yesterday, I'm trying to finish up my "fun" books and get started on the book award titles.  There are only 125 to read.  Not that many. 

Don't get me wrong, I think all books are fun books but I have to bargain w/ myself to read some book award titles and then indulge in an adult novel or other YA title that is on my TBR list.  With #bookbootcamp starting up in 2 months, I've really got to get a move-on with book award titles.

I discovered some new titles during our JBA meeting yesterday that have already been added to my TBR list.  I'm excited to read Unchained by LB Tillit, which has been recommended for readers who like Bluford High books.  That particular group of readers is very hard to keep interested because I have a limited supply of additional recommended books.  I also have a hard time recommending new titles to that group because I haven't read anything recently that might appeal to these kids.  One of the many areas in my collection that I need to work on!  If you have some titles to recommend, please let me know!  I welcome any and all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment