Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Poetry Picnic

So I bit the bullet and collaborated with some ELA teachers to put on our very first annual Poetry Picnic today.  It was a huge success!  I hope to continue this with some more classes next week and I've even started discussion of spreading this out over the entire school year to keep poetry alive all months, not just during April for National Poetry Month.  Thanks to those who have done this before me and given me much food for thought, like Lorena SwetnamTamara Cox and another blog, A Year in Reading.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! I'm so happy that it went well!! I'm going to have a Poetry Picnic next week with a sixth grade ELA teacher. It will be our first time working together on this project. I'm going to tweak last year's picnic after you shared your ideas. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete