Friday, November 1, 2013

Check and Treat

In the spirit of the frightfully holiday known as Halloween, I began a new tradition this year.  

Check and Treat!  

No, it's not overly crafty or creative and it's probably already being done by many librarians out there, with a variety of cute(r) names.  But at Muller Road, for the past 2 days, students have been "checking" and we've been "treating".  Simple concept and I really don't know why I never thought of that before.  It's a win-win for students and teachers alike.  

Students come into the media center to return, check their account, check out, or pay fines and voila, they receive a sweet treat.  For myself and my assistant, this is also a great way to hand out the candy that will no doubt end up in our stomachs by the end of the semester.  Win-win!!!

8th graders love getting a treat for checking out new books!

No comments:

Post a Comment