Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why do I read over the summer?

This has been a current theme across Twitter and blogs lately so I thought I'd toss my ideas into the ring too. Most simply, I read because I can and because I enjoy it.  I like meeting new characters, traveling to places real and fantastical, and imagining our world in the future.  With that being said, I'm working on several books right now.

Rump, Eleventh Plague, and Thunder Over Kandahar are consuming my time and attention as I chauffeur my little one around to camps, libraries, and such this week.  I'm excited to see Dorothea Benton Frank's newest is out.  Of course I'm 99th on the holds list but that's ok, many more titles to choose from as I await that southern delicacy.

So again, why do I read?  It's free and easy to access if I have transportation to the library.  I can check out 60 items at a time.  As long as I find Wi-Fi, I can download books and audiobooks to listen to while I cook, travel around Columbia, or spend time at work finalizing invoices/POs/last minute book orders for 2012-2013.

The most obvious answer is that reading makes me happy.  I hope you feel the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment