Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tamora Pierce's "Alanna: The First Adventure"

Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1)Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alanna is to girls what False Prince is to boys. Why have I never read Tamora Pierce's books? This was fabulous! I can't wait to read the next in the series. While reading, I couldn't help but think of Alanna as Joan of Arc, without overly zealous religious fervor of course. Alanna wants to be a knight so much that she disguises herself as a boy and takes her twin's place in the castle to train. Her magic gifts eventually come out and she is forced to reveal herself as a girl but she bests a bully in fights, makes friends with a local king of thieves, charms the prince, and becomes one of the favorites "knights in training" at the castle. What a great fantasy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment